Saturday 2 September 2017

Audiobook Review: Quest of the Dreamwalker by Stacy Bennett!


    Quest of the Dreamwalker Audiobook
  • Written by: Stacy Bennett
  • Narrated by: Zachary Johnson
  • Length: 14 hrs and 49 mins 
  • Unabridged Audiobook

  • Release Date:05-05-17
  • Publisher: Miramae Press


  • Cara has been a prisoner all her life, shackled by a broken soul and fear of her father's temper. When a mercenary captain is taken prisoner, he sparks something in her she doesn't recognize - rebellion. Determined to save the captain's life, she flees with him intent on leaving her past behind. It isn't love that drives her father's zealous pursuit, but a hidden magical birthright she never knew about. Now she must solve the puzzle of her past before her father kills everyone she loves in his bid to reclaim her.

My Thoughts:

A young girl has lived her whole life in a bleak and dark keep. Her only companions are her beloved bears and her father who only calls her daughter. Every month she sees her father bring strangers to the keep and she is forbidden to talk to them, every month he makes her lie on a cold altar while he does magic to her, every month she abides by his rules...  until the month that Cory and Archer are brought to her keep. She realises that she can't let father kill them. So she does the unthinkable and betrays her father. What follows is an amazingly vivid and intriguing story.

Well knock me down with a feather... this was breathtaking. The author has created an absolutely amazing world and one I devoured. The plot was so intriguing and addicting. The layers to the book was awesome and I loved everything about it. The author captured my imagination from the get go. I loved the lore and the history and the magic and.....everything!! Amazing.

Character wise, initially I didn't really like Cara because she came across as such a shy, quiet girl who was afraid of a lot and always needed rescuing. Then we met Fallon and I thought, why couldn't Cara be more like her, she was a warrior and well able to look after herself!! So when a twist came, everything made sense!! Every character was extremely well written and developed and I was impressed by all of them.

In all, an incredibly written and vividly told story and one I recommend highly!!! Bring on book 2!!

Zachary Johnson read this extremely well. He didn't try to do a feminine voice but differentiated the females by tone and cadence. He drew me into the story and made me forget that a male was narrating the female parts!

I was voluntarily provided this audiobook for free from the author, narrator, or publisher. This in no way affected nor influenced my thoughts.

Story:  

Narration:  


No comments:

Post a Comment